I could not hide my excitement as I danced round the kitchen when I finished cooking today’s dish, tasted and found out what a bomb I had just produced from my kitchen. The idea for this dish actually came from fried rice, so you will basically find all the vegetables and you will normally find in fried rice but I replaced the rice with beans. The coconut cream in the sauce brings everything together and with the addition of one my favourite foods, dodo, you eat and lick fingers.
If you still think that you are missing out on some other carbohydrate besides dodo and the sweet corn, you will find it interesting to pair this dish with white rice.
Enjoy yet another healthy offering from my kitchen.
Recipe for Stir Fried Beans & Minced Meat in Coconut Cream
1 cup boiled brown Beans
2 cups Minced Meat
1/2 cup sweet Corn
1/4 cup Green Bell Pepper
1/4 cup Red Bell Pepper
1/4 cup green Peas
1 cup Coconut cream
1 medium size Onion, chopped
1 clove minced Garlic
1/2 teaspoon minced Ginger
Yellow Cameroun pepper or Scotch Bonnet Pepper to taste
2 cooking spoons Vegetable Oil
Seasoning cube to taste
Salt to taste
1/2 cup fried ripe plantain
- Boil the beans till soft but not mushy and set aside.
- Season minced meat with seasoning cube, garlic, ginger, pepper and salt and allow to marinade for about 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil fry the onion, add the minced meat and stir fry ensuring that you separate the meat chunks whilst frying. Reduce heat add a little water cover the pan and cook meat till water dry pies up.
- When meat is cooked, add the beans, peas, sweet corn and peppers and stir fry. Taste and correct seasoning and hot peppers.
- Add the coconut milk and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Lastly, add the fried plantain stir into the dish. There you have your Stir Fried Beans & Minced Meat in Coconut cream.