Starting the dinner with Potato Corn and Chicken soup makes the Valentines day dinner so special. I have carefully selected a starter that will not stress you on this special day. The use of potato as a thickener is to also help bring good carbs in the meal.
Potato Corn and Chicken soup( 1st course)
2 pieces Potato
1/4 cup diced chicken breast
1/4 cup sweet Corn
Pinch black Pepper
1 tablespoon Butter
1 teaspoon chopped Onion
Pinch Ginger powder
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Chicken Seasoning to taste
Salt to taste
- Peel the potato and cut into small pieces and boil till soft
- Add the butter and mash potato into a very smooth mash
- Season the chicken cubes with salt, a pinch of ginger powder and pinch chicken seasoning.
- Heat the oil, fry the onion and stir fry the chicken till brown and cooked
- Add chicken stock or water to potato mash and stir until you have a thick soup and bring to boil
- Add the chicken cubes and Chilli flakes or a little dry pepper.
- Boil soup till you have the desired consistency. Add the sweet corn and serve hot.