My Stuffed Chicken Breast is one way I believe you can be creative with cooking and have a great result . I was wondering what can be quick to rustle up on a weekend that is fast tasty and special and I came up with this recipe. Chicken breast cooks fast and is my favorite part of the bird when I want a quick meal. Besides it has less fat so its healthy too.
When you have jollof rice and dodo (fried ripe plantain) at home you need chicken on the plate. So I used suya Yaji, green vegetables, tatashe and scotch bonnet pepper to bring this recipe to life. As always I leave the cooked food on the dining table for tasters like hubby. The feedback was that my Stuffed Chicken Breast was a winner. The chicken was moist and well seasoned. Something I find with meats is that you have to be patient to season well for best result.
So here is something you can bring to the table for that special weekend or even weekday meal. You can actually prepare ahead and cook when ready to eat.
Recipe for Stuffed Chicken Breast
1/2 Chicken breast
4-5 leaves Green /Tete /Aleho leaves
3-4 strips Tatashe
Few slices Onion
Dry Pepper to taste
3 table spoons Vegetable oil
1 Chicken seasoning cube
Strings to tie the meat
- Remove and trace of bone from the chicken breast
- Flatten out the chicken breast. You may want to place a cellophane bag on the meat and beat slightly to flatten out the thick fleshy parts
- Season all sides of chicken with chicken seasoning and yaji. My yaji contains salt ,so I am careful not to season with additional salt
- Allow meat to rest for about 20 minutes
- Slices the onion, tatashe and wash the leaves and layer on the flattened meat.Sprinkle a little oil over the vegetables
- Roll the chicken into a cylinder and tie with kitchen ropes . Sprinkle on black pepper and allow to rest for another ten minutes
- Heat your frying pan until hot add about 2 tablespoons oil to the pan and heat up.Oil should be quite hot so you brown the meat on all sides
- When meat is well brown turn down the heat add 1/4 cup water or chicken stock to the pan cover the frying pan and cook for about 10 minutes turning the chicken from time to time in the liquid. You will have very little liquid left when chicken is cooked.
- Allow the Stuffed Chicken Breast to rest for about 3-5 minutes and slice into desired thickness.
- Serve with Jollof Rice and dodo.