I am so exhausted with dusting and dusting and re-dusting. The Harmattan dust has been quite heavy this year . But guess what? The cool morning and evening weather is to die for…. Particularly if you live in Nigeria with poor electricity. For the kitchen work top it helps to wet your duster very slightly as this gets out the dust quite well.
The peak of the dry season is approaching so we have to braise up for the heat that is coming our way in this part of the world. For those no-NEPA days, at night, a wet towel by the bed side helps. Also you should change your pillow slip daily as the sweat could trap bacteria and cause you to breakout on the face.
So much for the weather update let’s turn our attention to food. We have heard so much about breakfast being the important meal of the day for a healthy lifestyle but when you are running to beat the morning traffic it’s sometimes impossible for you – or if you have kids, for them – to sit down for breakfast. If you are also aiming to lose weight, you may just think breakfast is what you should be avoiding but guess what, you might just be wrong. Breakfast actually helps you manage your calorie intake through the day.
Today’s offering is one breakfast you can pack and eat when you arrive at work or get the kids to eat on the way to school without getting the uniform soiled and with the little faces I made out with the dry fruits , it should be fun for the kids….Fruity French Toast.
For more breakfast ideas please click here
4 slices Fresh Bread
Pinch Chilli (optional)
1 table spoon Dry Currants
Little vegetable oil for frying
1. Beat the egg with cinnamon, salt and Chilli
2. Stick the currants into the bread
3. Heat the frying pan and cover the base of pan with oil or use oil spray
4. Dip the bread in the egg on both sides and ensure bread is well cover in egg
5. Fry the bread till golden brown on both sides.
6. Drizzle with some maple syrup or honey and serve hot or warm with a nice cup of a hot beverage or freshly squeezed juice.